Pages

Monday, October 20, 2014

Pie Champion!!

I have been officially named the Best Pie Maker. (Of my church, at least.) My church's Fall Festival was a couple weeks ago, and we volunteered to help. The day before, we found out that they were holding a pie contest. My first thought: peanut butter pie. My second thought: I'm going to cream those old church ladies like softened butter and sugar. (Real good Christian attitude, don't you think?) Anyway, I whipped up a pie, and it turned out fabulously.




Peanut butter pie has ALWAYS been my weakness and this one just took the cake. Er, pie. I took it to the festival, and it became pie number 83 (there weren't 83 pies, it's just a random number) and I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Until finally a priest announced the best non-fruit pie goes to: pie number 83!!! So I went up and got my ribbon, trying to hold in my happy dance, and then I found out that I ALSO won best overall pie!!!!

I couldn't hold in my happy dance there.



No comments:

Post a Comment