Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 1, 2014

Wow! I can't believe it's New Year's Day! Where has the time gone? Is it just me, or did 2013 go really fast? Anyway, I may not have attended the Ball Drop in NYC, but I did have a pretty great New Year's Eve! Basically, all I did was watch the IU/Illinois game at my family's friends' house and play video games with their son.

Oh, and I made a rockin' cake.

It is a chocolate almond cake with chocolate buttercream icing that is decorated with almonds pressed gently into the icing from Mastering the Art of French Cooking Vol. One by Simone Beck, Louisette Bertholle, and Julia Child. Is it weird that I obsess over anything that has to with Julia Child/cooking/food in general?

Wait, don't answer that.

Anyway, I put a ring of almonds on the sides and then made a big "I U" on top. It looked and tasted absolutely divine.

We got home from our friends' house at about 11:45pm, so we crashed on the couch and flipped on the TV just in time to watch the ball drop. Then I went to bed quicker than you can say "Happy New Year!"

Today was very peaceful. I slept in, watched The Andy  Griffith Show and the Brady Bunch (gotta love the oldies!)

Then I took a bath.

I usually don't take baths, but for some obscure reason I decided to today. I waited and waited for the tub to get full, then I flopped around trying to wash myself. After I was finally clean, dry, and dressed, I stomped outside huffing, "On what planet is that relaxing?" Long story short, I ended up with water in my ears and a vow in my brain never to take a bath again. Only showers.

But all Bath Frustration was quickly buried with two hours of Wii with Mom and Dad and two helpings of Stroganoff Hamburger Helper for dinner!

Happy 2014, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment