Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

January 10, 2014

Finally! The winter weather curse has been lifted! Sister is back to school, Dad is back to work, and Mom and I are peacefully doing school once more. It feels good to be back. A two week break seems like a great deal, but it gets long. Especially when you have three snow days and two two-hour-delays tacked on to it.

Last year, we didn't get my books finished, so we were going to finish them over the summer. Mom/Teacher had it planned out pretty well, but guess how long that lasted? About a week. With Sister off school and plenty of time to kill, she took a babysitting job where the six-year-old girl came here at 6:30 am and left at 4:30 pm. She's a sweet kid, very pleasant, pretty easy to please... but there's always a catch. She had an attention span of a fly that has consumed four Pixi Stiks. Let's just put it this way: she went through sixteen years worth of toys in two weeks. So needless to say, I didn't complete my books. So we spent August-December 2013 finishing the previous grade.  When school resumed this week, I finally began my new new books!!

I always like starting new books, but these are very different than last year. Even though Mom only has me to teach, it's taking us longer to get through a full day of school. Some days it doesn't even happen. I have more homework, and chores, and schoolwork to make up.

To put it simply: This grade is kicking my butt. I'm maintaining my grades, but I definitely don't just float through them. More later. I have homework to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment