Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Springerles (Part Two)

11 days until Christmas!

Now that we've got the technicalities of this thing over with, let's move on to everyone's focus: springerles. As I said yesterday, they are a perfect Christmas cookie. The lightness of the texture and the taste makes this German sweet a great way to end a heavy holiday meal.

Yesterday I mixed up the dough, rolled it out, implanted the design, and left it to sit overnight covered by a thin cloth. Today, I baked them, and I have to say that they came out amazing!



My springerles came out a little less poofy than they usually are, but I think I might've rolled them out a bit too thin. I would recommend rolling them out to about the thickness of a pencil for them to rise to regular size. But hey, at least the flavor is spot on!



If you're looking for a new Christmas cookie instead of all the old traditional favorites, this is definitely the route to go!! You can find the complete recipe here.


1 comment: