Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

It's halfway through my Great Spring Break Reading Marathon and I have already read five thick books. I hope that nine books I checked out from the library will last me through the week!

Speaking of books, how are you all doing on our March book? So far I am loving it! It's about the middle of the month, so write in and tell me what you think of the book! Here are some things you can write about:

What chapter are you on?

Who is your favorite character?

Do you like Ms. Meehan's writing style?

What do you think will happen in the story?

I look forward to hearing from you, so please write in!!!

Along with my reading marathon, we are redoing my room during the week that we have off from school. My room has been painted the most perfect light aqua color, and we will be painting baseboards and doors white today. (We need to repaint the doors and baseboards because they are all scratched up from posters and furniture.) 


This picture makes the paint look more greenish than it actually is because of weird lighting, but I'm still excited!




Since my room is torn apart, I am currently "living" in our game room, which is stacked full with furniture!


I have a big announcement to make: I am writing my first novel! I'm very excited about it, and I've already typed up eighteen pages, front and back, on my typewriter. (Yes, I have a typewriter. What can I say? They're cool!) Those eighteen pages make the first three chapters, and I am positively bursting with more ideas! I've never been published before, and I'm going to be honest, I have no clue what I'm doing. Does anyone have helpful hints about how to get published??? 

Since I'm so motivated about writing my novel now, I am hoping that I will at least have the rough draft written out by the end of the year. That means that after writing a book that I'm hoping will be at least a hundred pages, I have to edit it, type it up on something besides my typewriter, send it in to a publisher...  and who knows what from then. This is going to take longer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment